Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked this up yesterday (Happy Birthday to MEEEEEE :) )

Decode please. Vin reads as follows:

124377L123xxx

·
Premium Member
9,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Premium Member
1,814 Posts
I let Steve drive my 67 last Saturday and caught him admiring the vent windows! :D

It looks like a well optioned 67.

The trim tag indicates it started as a Tahoe turquoise rally sport with a deluxe turquoise interior, deluxe seat belts, fold down rear seat, powerglide with console, rear seat speaker, and Z23 interior trim.

My 67 is also an 11E LOS car. There were only 3 working days the fifth week of November 1966. The bodies on our 67’s were built during those three days. They could have been built on the same day!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Nice RS project. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Nice Steve!
Now you just need to start working on them! Sell em and buy a driver?

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
Nice Steve!
Nah!!!! Steve's gonna lay the parts out in his barn, pick the barn up with the forklift, and shake it. Then he's gonna spend the rest of his life trying to figure out which parts go with which car!

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Wow!

What exactly is the record for going from 0 Camaros to 4? (I'd better hit the post button fast, before he buys another one)

Score a droptop 68 big block car, and you'll be pretty well set.

·
Premium Member
9,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I let Steve drive my 67 last Saturday and caught him admiring the vent windows! :D
He really did! Funny thing was, since I quit amoking 25 years ago, I couldn't figure out what purpose they serve :) Guess that comes in time

Steve, looks like a super clean start. What color you going to paint it?
That's what I was thinking about on the way home from work. I stopped and talked to a guy I met last year who owns a performance shop. I saw him painting his SS vert last year (today he was prepping a 69, + a 70 Chevelle SS). He doesn't do painting / body work, except on his and his friends' cars. I was trying to see if he could recommend anyone locally, but he said he doesn't really know of any quality shops inthe area. last year I "Interviewed" about 6 places here, and so far I haven't found anyone that I would take it to. I will be on the prowl soon.

Nice Steve!
Car #1 - The 69 SS - Don't think I will ever sell that one. Kind of attached
Car $2 - The 69 "Driver" - Might sell that one, might not
Car #3 - The PJ 307 - I bought that one for a purpose. when it serves it's purpose I will either put it together, or sell it as is... time will tell.
Car #4 - The 67 RS - This car is incredibly solid. I will definately paint it and have some fun with it. Unbelieveably, the wife likes it. Will have to see, but I will probably own it for at least a few years.

Nah!!!! Steve's gonna lay the parts out in his barn, pick the barn up with the forklift, and shake it. Then he's gonna spend the rest of his life trying to figure out which parts go with which car!
THAT was funny :)

Wow! What exactly is the record for going from 0 Camaros to 4? (I'd better hit the post button fast, before he buys another one).
# 5 may be just around the corner.. .will keep you posted :) 1971 BB - All original --- best news, it's in a barn and has been for many years. ROAD TRIP

·
Registered
457 Posts

It looks like a well optioned 67.

The trim tag indicates it started as a Tahoe turquoise rally sport with a deluxe turquoise interior, deluxe seat belts, fold down rear seat, powerglide with console, rear seat speaker, and Z23 interior trim.

My 67 is also an 11E LOS car. There were only 3 working days the fifth week of November 1966. The bodies on our 67’s were built during those three days. They could have been built on the same day!
Would they have also put 11E on the cars built on the 1st and 2nd of dec.
Then start 12 A on the first full week. I'm not shure how they did the split weeks the is the first time I saw any mention of something like this.

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
What a pile !

1 = Chevrolet
2 = Camaro
4 = 8-cylinder engine
37 = coupe body
7 = 1967 model year
L = Los Angeles, CA assembly plant (Van Nuys)
1123XXX - this the wrong length. Should be 6 digits.

Decode for body number: 009861

11E = Built the Fifth week of November.
67-12637 = Custom Interior Coupe.
LOS = Built in Van Nuys California.
779 = Custom Turquoise Bucket Seats.
Z = (A50) Strato Bucket Seats (without headrests).
L-L = Car Color is Tahoe Turquoise
B648 = internal plant scheduling code.
Options:
1L = (A67) Fold-down rear seat
2M = (M35) Powerglide Transmission
2G = (D55) Console front compartment
2R = (U80) Speaker rear
3S = (Z23) Interior Decor group
3L = (Z22) Rally Sport Package
5Y = (A39) Belts All Deluxe

·
Premium Member
9,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry ... my bad... it's 123xxx --- 6 digits. Turns out my car was born on December 7, 1966... Pearl Harbor Day. so, does this mean its a "bomber" lol. It's 40 cars away from Farmboy's. His decipher is that this car was in the plant at the same time his was. He's might be coming over Saturday. If he brings his car, we'll just lock them up in the quiet of the shop together so they can catch up on the good ole days :)

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
Congratulations........:hurray:

Steve, that is just too cool that your's and Farmboys were so close together !!!!

Please consider repainting it the original color...it isn't seen often and in my humble opinion is gorgeous, especially with the Turquise custom seats...:thumbsup:

Here's a link to one with Parchment interior, which is gorgeous too..http://www.dealsonwheels.com/search/detail.aspx?id=80439

Nice the wife likes it too...makes it easier to live with them both......:D I'd mention her good taste in liking the vent windows best, but that would just start another "window war".....:yes:

At this point in your "collecting" stage, you might consider taking a body and paint course at your local Vo-Tech. Set up a booth in your shop and start doing your own paint.....practice on the 69's and then do the 67....;) . I'm considering doing that myself for my next "project". I can't do bodywork to save my soul now, but would love to be able to. I've done some painting in the past and actually did pretty good with it.

I sure wish I lived down there and could find cars like that !!!

·
Premium Member
9,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
man that looks nice. Looks like all the body work is done!
Not quite all, but it's real, real close to being done

Please consider repainting it the original color........especially with the Turquise custom seats...:thumbsup:
Might that be just a bit too much blue?

Nice the wife likes it too...makes it easier to live with them both......
I take offense to that... what are you trying to say? I post a simple thread, and you take it to the gutter. How DARE you insinuate that Camaro's are hard to live with!!! (gotcha :) )

At this point in your "collecting" stage, you might consider taking a body and paint course at your local Vo-Tech. Set up a booth in your shop and start doing your own paint.....
Already looked into it... the off campus of the local JC is about 1 mile from my house, and they have auto shop / body & paint, etc. Will look into that in the fall.

practice on the 69's and then do the 67....;) .
Funny... that's EXACTLY what I was thinking... however, you must have mis-typed... I'm sure you meant practice on the 67', then do the 69's
I sure wish I lived down there and could find cars like that !!! [/quote]

My head would pop off if i had that many...
To me it's quite simple... find a running, driving car and see how long it takes you before you break it.... then just go find another one :) - Seriously, for me it's the "thrill of the kill". The part I like best about this hobby (so far) is the Hunting / Gathering aspect. As time goes on and I gain more knowledge and confidence I may actually start working on one of them. Until then, "Let the Games Begin".

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts