first week on 4 tires in decades. nothing front of the cowl is solid as it all comes off again. The lighting portion of the front harness is done. There are retro electro door closers there. The battery isn't held down yet nor are the vent lines in place. slowly getting there. My third brake lite has many local haters but I just couldn't leave that wire in the AAW kit unused.
Today i saw my hideaways function. Played with them a little. In the 50 years I've had this car those things worked right for maybe one year. RetroElectro makes them go now. I have most of the chassis wiring functional. I am trying to have as little to do after disassembly/paint/reassembly as i can. I am still waiting for Dakota to come out with the console gauge version of their new dash. Engine parts have started to show up. I would like to be running that in by Thanksgiving. See how that goes. I havent hit a date yet.
been taking some time off doing house stuff that's been neglected. I have put on a Newport wiper drive which lacks a washer setup so I made this up. I have gutted under the hood to get the front sheet metal fitted. Once the cars at the shop I can work on the other piece a bit
Been a while since I posted anything in here. I am reusing my old Lakewood shield. It was way out so I bored and sleeved it. Up down tir is now 0. Side to side tir is .006. Gonna call it a day and put the straight dowels in I think.
The car has console gauges. Back when I put in the super shifter and hacked the floor up using a console wasn’t an option but I wanted the gauge cluster. The result is the cluster in the pic. To my surprise nearly 50 years later I am going to wind up doing this again. I have another console to hack up. The RTX setup showed up today so I started digging some stuff out.
next to last assembly to fit stuff. The easy header is in. Dunno what to do with that Lokar dipstick. If I bring it out on 6 it’s a dead short across the starter stud. I cant see putting some sort of insulator on it so im going to try 4 and see how bad it interferes with the plug
I wanted to use the original SS hood so I set the top end on the motor and shut the hood. The scale in pic sitting in the throttle body is a starret 6”. There’s 2-1/2 clear over the highest point on the Holley TB. Drivers side header is in. It’s a whole lot easier with the fender off.
I am through fitting stuff under the hood so now i can pull the engine for the last time. I also think I am done under the dash and thats all together and mostly functional. I put the Term X under the dash at the far right and its all in except for the power feeds to the trunk. I to make another inner pivot mount for my z-bar. The current one is a wag and its 1/2” back and 1/8 high.
Slowly plinking away at things. Carpet mostly in. Abbreviated console in place. Shifter boot fitted in. Hopefully none of this comes out again. Working on exhaust and intake. Working between summit boxes....
A forum community dedicated to 1st generation Chevy Camaros owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, builds, restoration, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, reviews, and more!