Team Camaro Tech banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
first week on 4 tires in decades. nothing front of the cowl is solid as it all comes off again. The lighting portion of the front harness is done. There are retro electro door closers there. The battery isn't held down yet nor are the vent lines in place. slowly getting there. My third brake lite has many local haters but I just couldn't leave that wire in the AAW kit unused.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Today i saw my hideaways function. Played with them a little. In the 50 years I've had this car those things worked right for maybe one year. RetroElectro makes them go now. I have most of the chassis wiring functional. I am trying to have as little to do after disassembly/paint/reassembly as i can. I am still waiting for Dakota to come out with the console gauge version of their new dash. Engine parts have started to show up. I would like to be running that in by Thanksgiving. See how that goes. I havent hit a date yet.

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I have started fitting all the shiny stuff on the main body. I don't want to deal with fitting issues post paint. If its on the body and electric it works. I had to make shims for the bumper

Attachments

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Another project to watch. Love this site.

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
been taking some time off doing house stuff that's been neglected. I have put on a Newport wiper drive which lacks a washer setup so I made this up. I have gutted under the hood to get the front sheet metal fitted. Once the cars at the shop I can work on the other piece a bit

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
still awaiting my body guy..... anyway this is off to balancing later this week

Merry Christmas All!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Been a while since I posted anything in here. I am reusing my old Lakewood shield. It was way out so I bored and sleeved it. Up down tir is now 0. Side to side tir is .006. Gonna call it a day and put the straight dowels in I think.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
The car has console gauges. Back when I put in the super shifter and hacked the floor up using a console wasn’t an option but I wanted the gauge cluster. The result is the cluster in the pic. To my surprise nearly 50 years later I am going to wind up doing this again. I have another console to hack up. The RTX setup showed up today so I started digging some stuff out.

Attachments

61 - 69 of 69 Posts