Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 RS L30 AA 749
7,442 Posts
Rear tires sure fill up the wheelwell nicely ! What size (rear tires)and are there any suspension mods ? I'd trim that front wheelwell molding to match the rear. It should end right at the rocker molding on 68 RS cars.;)

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rear tires sure fill up the wheelwell nicely ! What size (rear tires)and are there any suspension mods ? I'd trim that front wheelwell molding to match the rear. It should end right at the rocker molding on 68 RS cars.;)
The guy I bought it from said it was dropped with springs in front and blocks in rear. Not sure of exact tire size at the moment but they are 15's 215 in front and 225 in rear. I will look into the wheel well trimming. Thanks for the notations. Theres a few bugs to work out like parking brake is not holding and the door locks are rough working along with console temp gauge I/O. Really want them in working order before I start cruising.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I need to correct myself. I was incorrect on my tire sizes. I have 225/60-15 front and 255/60-15 in rear. I looked all over for pics and molding of the wheel well trim at the rocker molding and everything I have seen shows it all the way to the end.
It seems it is like the correct ending of the SS striping on the rear spoiler, everywhere I look they are all painted through the spoiler. I have heard the correct way is to have the radiused lines at the end to match the leading end by the rear window, and should have about 3/8" of body color below the stripe. Is there any truth to that?

·
Registered
Al - Waterloo, Iowa
4,066 Posts
I need to correct myself. I was incorrect on my tire sizes. I have 225/60-15 front and 255/60-15 in rear. I looked all over for pics and molding of the wheel well trim at the rocker molding and everything I have seen shows it all the way to the end.
It seems it is like the correct ending of the SS striping on the rear spoiler, everywhere I look they are all painted through the spoiler. I have heard the correct way is to have the radiused lines at the end to match the leading end by the rear window, and should have about 3/8" of body color below the stripe. Is there any truth to that?
These links are to the CRG site. To view pics you may have to join. It's free.
Reference the wheel well trim see reply #1 here.
And survivor pics here.

·
Registered
68 RS L30 AA 749
7,442 Posts
Thanks Steve, those are very popular/common tire sizes for 67/8. I was just curious as yours appeared to be lowered in the rear.

Regarding the front wheel molding, it should end at the lower body/rocker molding like your rear wheel molding. 67/8 all used the same moldings except 68 RS which were shorter as I described. So often times you'll see the incorrect moldings on 68RS. Many years (about 30) ago I purchased some NOS over the counter (Chevy dealer) and the salesman said the RS moldings were no longer available and to cut the standard moldings to length. A fine tooth hacksaw works well or if you're good with a small cut-off wheel, and a file to clean it up. They're anodized aluminum.

RSmolding1.JPG

The photos of green Z stripes in the link that Al provided are correct of course, as that's the original paint. Z stripes or Rally stripes is the proper terminology. You'll note it has the correct moldings as well..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts