Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks, I thought I would post some pics of my PROJECT!!! Best word I could think to use to describe my car. It's gonna take years!!! I love this Forum and will probably be making many posts and hopefully responding with help to others in the future. It's a terrific resource. Enjoy!!

A little more info: '68 RS Vert. V8 car, console guages, tic-toc-tac. Drivetrain is all non-numbers matching (they way I like it) Restoration started by previous owner, but he obviously lost interest. In I step, and the story continues. My first step will be to add another bay onto my shop so I have some room. That's happening this Spring, then the suspension will come off and onto the rotiserrie (sp) it goes!! Brian

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Looking good,and things that are not rushed usually turn out very nice, and this is part of the fun too…take your time and have fun …Happy Motoring

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Nice--you picked a great year. The paint is already complete? Doesn't it just need interior and drivetrain?

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Looking good! Welcome to Team Camaro :waving:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the welcome and the kinds words. The biggest headache about my car is I didn't get to take it apart. The previous owner blew the whole car apart, didn't mark a single item, and tossed it into about 6 boxes. I'm very good at putting something back together I took apart, but I don't get that luxury here.

You can tell the shell itself was in very good condition before he started. No rust at all around the dash, cowl, pillar area. He welded a new floor pan, trunk pan, and installed new 1/4s. Looks like he did a decent job. You can tell it was up on a rotisserie, because the bottom of the car is painted as shiny as the top!! Bad thing is, I'm changing the color to black, so I've got to take the suspension back off and put it on my rotisserie to repaint.

I'm much more of a body man than a mechanic, so it's funny I end up with a project that needs very little body work. I think there are 2 dents on the whole car, and they are just from it sitting around and getting bumped into.

Don't worry, there will be MANY questions and updates on my progress:yes:

Thanks again, Brian

1 - 9 of 9 Posts