Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help, My wife drove my beloved 75 camaro with 250 original engine with original carb installed, but retuned as basic with no cat or heat exchange.
she went and put a lead replacement gas in the tank and drove for 50-60 miles she parked up ok, but now she will not start at all I have changed the plugs and drained all lrp gas outta here and tried for hours to start her to no avail, the spark is getting to the plugs but she wont even try to kick over.
She has an auto trans so tow start is out.
Heeeellllpppppppppp

Joe.

any help to my email would be better as I am in the UK and do all work on the car myself.

·
10,144 Posts
Try a fresh set of plugs. Does it have point type ignition? or electronic.
David

------------------
The older I get, the faster I was!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I doubt the gas is the problem. I would check a couple of things if you have a spark. One is obviously the fuel pump. does it turn over with starter fluid in the carb? Two, six cylinder engines have a fiber cam gear. If the gear gets worn the teeth break off, and the car wont start. Keep us informed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by davidpozzi:
Try a fresh set of plugs. Does it have point type ignition? or electronic.
David
Thanx David, I put a new set of plugs in her it has electronic ignition with full power getting to all plugs as my friend fount out holding one of the ht leads with insulated pliers :cool:).

Thanx
Joe.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SAyers69:
I doubt the gas is the problem. I would check a couple of things if you have a spark. One is obviously the fuel pump. does it turn over with starter fluid in the carb? Two, six cylinder engines have a fiber cam gear. If the gear gets worn the teeth break off, and the car wont start. Keep us informed.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi Thanx for the email,
I removed the timing cover and as I thought I changed the nylon cam gear a while ago all is ok inside there. One thing I have noticed since is the auto box is sticking, when I got in here today I tried to put her into neutral but it was locked in park, when I tried to turn her over the stick moved ok, could this be a link ??

Cheerz

Joe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts