Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aight this car is giving me problems to start off it is an 86 iroc z28 350. when i crank it, it starts up great then idles ok then starts to jump around like it is dieing out then it does. also the two front pistons are not firing as hot as the others. if anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated becasue i have no clue what to do.

Matt

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
have all the normal "wear" parts been replaced- plugs, wires, cap, rotor, etc?
sometimes a $50 tuneup will clear up some really perplexing problems.
how's the fuel pressure? are the injectors good? i think those years had that extra injector for cold startups that shuts off shortly after startup- which sounds like about the time your car dies. if the fuel pressure or some of the injectors are weak, then as soon as the 9th injector quits firing, it could lean out and die.
could be a bad temp sensor, as well, causing it to run too rich when it warms up and killing it- kind of like the choke sticking on in a carbureted application.

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
if you have a multimeter, you can check the resistance across the two terminals on each injector- i believe they should be about 12ohms or so. if they read zero- which means they have no restance and are essentially shorting out- they are toast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts