Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went for ride after redo the interior and once it warms up it starts to stink :mad: . I think I need to replace/clean out the heater box. Any other ideas.
PS I found a mouse nest inside the drivers seat back.

TIA

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
How often do you bathe??? :D :D :D :D :D Just kidding, what's it smell like? Dead rodent is a pretty distinctive smell, do you think there's a deceased critter in your heaterbox??

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Did you replace the headliner? I found a huge mouse nest and two dead mice above mine!! Also, make sure you have pulled out the kick panels. Another good spot for rodents is behind the foot well floor vents!

Paul D.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Hey Paul, speaking of stinky mice.

Uh?

Going to a cruise night anytime soon?

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Scoop,

I've been missing pretty much all the big shows!! It seems to rain every time they hold one and my car's allergic to weather!! :D I really hate cleaning it after driving in the rain! And since I replaced every damn panel on it, I hate the idea of rust!!

I've been trying to get up to Amherst for the Sunday morning swap thing but I play hockey on Sunday mornings (at 6 o'clock ugghhhh!) so that usually kills that idea.

They have a little get together, about 30-50 cars at the Derry Walmart of all places every Saturday night and I've made it down there a few times. (won't make it this week, prior family commitment. Doh!)

What's decent in your neighborhood?

Paul D.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The smell is o'du cat **** /barn yard mix sorrta. Convertible no headliner, I haven't removed the kick vents, it get worse as the car warms up so that was the heater box idea.

Thanks Again I'll keep you posted.

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
If you find the source, here's a recipe that neutralizes odors:

1 pt peroxide
1/4 cup baking soda
1 teasoon dish washing liquid.

This stuff neutralizes, not covers up, anything. It worked on my dogs when they were sprayed by a skunk and also a rental that was stinking off cat p*ss. And I mean it was bad. After treating, all odor gone. You could walk into the rental on a hot humid day and it was perfect!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found about a tablespoon of mouse dropings in one of the astovents. Some nest and nut stuff behind the kick panel speakers. I wasn't able to get lower kick panel out easily so I punted and sprayed a buch of Fabrezze in the vents. I have to read up on the vents, and the heat box. It looks like a major PIA, do you have to remove the fender to get all the HB bolts? :eek: The smell is almost bearable as long as the top stays down. I was thinking that I maybe could drive it out.

Has anyone used an ozone generator to kill odors?

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts