Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting to think about insurance for my 68 as it gets closer to completion.

It's an original matching numbers 68 327/210 PG car that I'm converting over to RS with all factory parts. I'm also upgrading it to 327/275hp specs with an original intake, carb and heads. It's had all metal, floors, trim etc replaced.
Not a frame off by any stretch, but a very solid #2+ car.

I figure it will be worth ~25k or so when done, but am looking for other opinions.

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Yes...
I would say $20-25,000 is ball park however advise that you get it apraised by a local company who knows these cars. Best to post where you are so members can let you know who is good in that area.

Kev

·
Registered
129 Posts
Get an appraisal. My 68 numbers matching 327/210 3spd appraised at 30k. It is also a #2+ in fantastic shape. The PO did a good job on the paint and interior (and didn't screw it up by changing any colors from original). Now I have to stop thinking Pro Touring and start thinking resto. I'll update it with correct power discs and power steering and just enjoy the car for a while and let it appreciate. I can't tell you what converting it to RS will do to the value - again, get the appraisal. You will be pleasantly surprised.

P.S. Do you have a list of part #s for the 275 hp conversion?

·
Registered
264 Posts
You need insurance now! What happens if your garage burns with the car in it? My '68 is stripped to the shell but I have it insured for the value of its original purchase plus the cost of parts purchased for it. Could be an expensive lesson if the unthinkable happens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts