Team Camaro Tech banner
381 - 396 of 396 Posts

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #381 · (Edited)
Filled the roof to quarter seams. The transition is quite subtle. Very happy with the results.

katie cleaned up many of the welds.

we noticed that the license plate lite harness hole tru the tail did not line up with the trunk pan hole. So, we cut out a small section from the original tail panel and discovered that the hole in the repop tail panel was off.

I had Katie fill the hole and overlay the original piece as a guide to cut the new hole.

We also assembled the rotisserie. I have a very good idea how we will attach to the mount locations.

Can anyone tell me what the holes on the tail panel behind the bumper, and just about where bumper bracket would line up, are for? They do not exist on my RS/SS.

Automotive tire Road surface Motor vehicle Wood Asphalt
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Car Motor vehicle
Tire Automotive parking light Automotive tire Hood Vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Plant

Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Wheel

Attachments

·
Registered
Al - Waterloo, Iowa
5,389 Posts
The 2 holes under the gas fill are for the bumper bracket. The hole to the right of those is for the license plate light wire. The square holes are to mount the license plate and the 2 below that for license plate rubber bumpers. On the pic of your old panel there is a hole about midway from center to left end that does not exist on my 67. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #383 ·
The 2 holes under the gas fill are for the bumper bracket. The hole to the right of those is for the license plate light wire. The square holes are to mount the license plate and the 2 below that for license plate rubber bumpers. On the pic of your old panel there is a hole about midway from center to left end that does not exist on my 67. Hope this helps.
I agree. That’s what is I am saying. I think they may be for a bumper hitch because I see bracket impressions.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #387 ·
We were debating on how to mount the rotisserie on the rear of the car.

We decided on mounting to the spring perches. I found samples online and cobbled together my own out of spare parts we had in the garage. The rotisserie mounting bracket was not wide enough. We added that needed width to the mounting brackets.

We pre-fit them and then welded them together.

Katie rolled the car out and is going to finish the last of the welds and grinding them down.
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Tire Car Vehicle

Vehicle Asphalt Motor vehicle Gas Engineering

Glove Asphalt Gas Road surface Personal protective equipment

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #394 ·
I strip the EDP coating on all my restos; then shoot epoxy and do my filler work over it. I've seen rust under EDP on many cars I've done. After a car is on the rotisserie I blast all the jambs with a pressure pot. Saves a lot of time
We plan on stripping the EDP off now. I have a inexpensive sodablaster for the jambs but am worried about the mess it will make.

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
Yea. It makes a mess but all the cars I've done over 40 years never gave me any grief after a vacuum and blow out at 150psi. I've had more grief blowing out debris from rockers after 50 years of accumulation. Have fun. If you don't have a dedicated area to blast have a shop do the jambs and strip the rest wit 80 grit on a DA. 100 bucks an hour for blasting. More now since sand went up.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #396 ·
Yea. It makes a mess but all the cars I've done over 40 years never gave me any grief after a vacuum and blow out at 150psi. I've had more grief blowing out debris from rockers after 50 years of accumulation. Have fun. If you don't have a dedicated area to blast have a shop do the jambs and strip the rest wit 80 grit on a DA. 100 bucks an hour for blasting. More now since sand went up.
All the loose metal like doors, cowl, etc…I take to a shop down the street to be media blasted. Not much old metal left on this one though. But, still need to strip that EDP off.

And I know exactly what you mean about the rocker debris.

381 - 396 of 396 Posts