Team Camaro Tech banner
461 - 480 of 489 Posts

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #462 ·
Success! I split up paint sticks and stacked them till I got the correct fitting. That was a very nice trick. The doors are aligned to the quarters, rockers and fenders.

We have minor work to do on the upper fender to door gaps…superficial after this ordeal with the doors.

Creative arts Terrestrial plant Plant Thumb Art

Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle door Tints and shades Flash photography

Automotive tire Hood Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

Tire Automotive tire Bumper Tread Rim

Automotive tire Hood Bumper Grey Wood

Automotive lighting Grille Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #463 · (Edited)
We had to drill new holes for the lower window molding since we replaced the cowl.

Everything is aligned. Doors to quarter and rocker. Fenders to doors, pillars and cowl panel are spot on.

The window molding had overspray underneath that marked the location of each clip. We were able to get fantastic alignment of the lower window trim over the fenders an cowl panel.

The holes are drilled and we are ready to paint.

Note: We used original lower window molding clips. The original are bent into shape that allows the lower window molding to sit over the cowl panel correctly and push the cowl into position in association to the lower molding.

we had repop clips but it was way easier using originals.
Tire Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Hood

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
BTW - Katie graduates college in December. She applied for a supply chain mgt job at General Motors and was offered a position last week.

Her cover letter had a few pics from this blog showing her hobby.
It's going to be so awesome when she drives her Camaro into work at GM!!

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #471 ·
The smaller holes don't belong. Many times on numerous cars you will find a backyard fix with a sheetmetal screw if a molding clip fails. In a previous you mentioned etch and sealer. You meant epoxy after stripping all the EDP correct?
Thanks!Threw me off because they were well placed holes.

Etch just meant that we used the acid based metal prep. Not a priming etcher.

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #473 ·
This car originally came with a white vinyl top. Katie now thinks she would like to put it back on.

I have never installed one. Are there instruction on the forum? Is it worth the effort?

I noticed staples in the window Chanel’s which I think were from the vinyl top. I would hate to put staples back on.

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #476 · (Edited)
Katie is Cleaning The epoxy primer off the sheet metal while I drill holes in the header, passenger fender and trunk lid.

I have original pieces that I use for reference for the header, trunk and fender. I also have original emblems which I am noticing fit differently than repop emblems.
Tire Wheel Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design
White Black Road surface Grey Automotive tire

Furniture Table Road surface Flooring Floor

Automotive tire Grille Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper

·
Registered
69 Camaro SS convertible
71 Posts
Well, my 19 year old daughter has been looking for a 67 Camaro project for us to do together and she finally found one.

It has solid bones but is going to need floors, quarters and outer rockers.

I made her restore a family vehicle earlier this year to get experience. So, she replaced rockers, primed and painted an 04 Jeep.

So, she has been hunting eBay and craigslist for a car and she found one last week.

67 RS with 2L option. It also has A/C and is marina blue with bright blue deluxe interior.

It came with a M20, 327 4bbl and 12 bolt rear end.

Not the original drivetrain but perfect for this car.

My wife bought me my own rotisserie so I don’t have to borrow one for this project.
Well, my 19 year old daughter has been looking for a 67 Camaro project for us to do together and she finally found one.

It has solid bones but is going to need floors, quarters and outer rockers.

I made her restore a family vehicle earlier this year to get experience. So, she replaced rockers, primed and painted an 04 Jeep.

So, she has been hunting eBay and craigslist for a car and she found one last week.

67 RS with 2L option. It also has A/C and is marina blue with bright blue deluxe interior.

It came with a M20, 327 4bbl and 12 bolt rear end.

Not the original drivetrain but perfect for this car.

My wife bought me my own rotisserie so I don’t have to borrow one for this project.
Just found your post. Good for both of you. Great dad! You're raising that girl right!

461 - 480 of 489 Posts