Team Camaro Tech banner
561 - 580 of 617 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Looks great.

I’m no expert, but on the large areas, get her to try a larger spreader. Will cut down on the “ridges” of filler. May save her some sanding.

When she is finished, does she want to come help my two youngest (21 & 14) daughters who have laid claim to the Camaro in the barn? Lol

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #562 ·
Looks great.

I’m no expert, but on the large areas, get her to try a larger spreader. Will cut down on the “ridges” of filler. May save her some sanding.

When she is finished, does she want to come help my two youngest (21 & 14) daughters who have laid claim to the Camaro in the barn? Lol
Good advice. Get to work on that project with your kids. Great bonding experience.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Wait till later in the week when all the rest of the parts show up. Dining room will be packed.
My living room is pretty full of parts, but the space opens up a little at a time. My wife let me know about a month ago the living room looks like a warehouse - my response, yep......then i went out to the garage LOL. She is very patient!

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #566 ·
Well…we went out today to sand the bondo and it was SOFT! Katie decided that using much lass hardener would allow more time for application.

She must have used a dot. We scraped it all off, blocked it again and reapplied it with the correct ratio of hardener.
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting

Tire Land vehicle Wheel Car Vehicle

Automotive design Textile Art Artist Engineering

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Well…we went out today to sand the bondo and it was SOFT! Katie decided that using much lass hardener would allow more time for application.

She must have used a dot. We scraped it all off, blocked it again and reapplied it with the correct ratio of hardener. View attachment 297796
View attachment 297798
View attachment 297797
Yep, a blob and a dab are not real good instructions. Done it both ways unsuccessfully. I have faith that she's got it.

·
Premium Member
Tim - The Northwest 1969 Camaro
1,585 Posts
Filler is a Goldilocks syndrome - too fast, too slow, or just right. I think all of my experience with mechanical things was doing 50% wrong or harder the first way then learning from that. I didn't have a dad like you to head off the "experience" part so good for both of you!

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #575 ·
The repop A/M F/M showed up today. It’s what she wanted. Actually, she wanted an original but getting one and the multiplexer is $$.

So, we are going to try this one out. Should be easier to install in an A/C car. I remember it being a tight fit.
Automotive lighting Electrical wiring Audio equipment Automotive exterior Gas

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
The repop A/M F/M showed up today. It’s what she wanted. Actually, she wanted an original but getting one and the multiplexer is $$.

So, we are going to try this one out. Should be easier to install in an A/C car. I remember it being a tight fit. View attachment 297853
Did the radio kit come with the rear support bracket?

561 - 580 of 617 Posts