Team Camaro Tech banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Ok. No more rott in this area. We are cutting out the tulip panel now. Then we’ll will being fitting the replacement metal.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
It was always exciting for me to put metal on instead of taking it off. She’s doing a great job!
We are not having the easiest time with popping out the spot welds. That is the slowest part of the process.

We have a spot weld remover, cut away from the lip of the welded metal. But, still end up needing to used a die grinder to get separation.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
We decided to remove the passenger inner cowl panel. It just appeared to be to much work to patch.

In this way, we will be able to replace the forward section of the inner rocker.

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
Is she on knee pads in this pic? I can’t quite tell. There was a day that I could kneel on concrete but those days are gone. I was doing some wiring in the attic today and had to kneel on a board to reach a few things. My knees are screaming. Then I saw this picture and shuddered 😬.

Oh also, to get the inner out there are spot welds up underneath the dash from the inside. Don‘t miss those, its a royal pain.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Is she on knee pads in this pic? I can’t quite tell. There was a day that I could kneel on concrete but those days are gone. I was doing some wiring in the attic today and had to kneel on a board to reach a few things. My knees are screaming. Then I saw this picture and shuddered 😬.

Oh also, to get the inner out there are spot welds up underneath the dash from the inside. Don‘t miss those, its a royal pain.
Yes, those are gel filled knee pads.

I saw those welds under the dash. It appears there is another brace that is spot welded in the same location of the top of the inner rocker.

I think we have everything else detached.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
She does not want me touching the car when she is not there.
Good for her! The car will mean so much more to her (and you) if she does most the work. She will take care of it like a baby, too. Safe to say Katie is impressing us old farts on TC.

Reactions: Sosh67

·
Premium Member
Tim - The Northwest 1969 Camaro
954 Posts
I am really impressed how she just gets in there and gets it done. For the record, I am not one of those safety trolls and I think she does a great job suiting up but maybe some ear plugs? I never wore them and wished I had - air tools and airplane engines are loud :oops:

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I am really impressed how she just gets in there and gets it done. For the record, I am not one of those safety trolls and I think she does a great job suiting up but maybe some ear plugs? I never wore them and wished I had - air tools and airplane engines are loud :oops:
I agree with ear plugs. I’m going to buy some today.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)
Th Bottom door gap is a tad too big towards the front of the door. The replacement rocker is touching the door hinge bracket we are pretty sure we know what to do to adjust it.

The replacement rocker is missing a small piece of metal that will allow it to slide over the inner rocke towards the front jamb. Also, there is a gap between the bracket below the lower door hinge and rocker. Once we fix these items the gap will tighten up.

Still, it’s not bad for first fitment.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
We figured out why the gap was off. So much of the outer cowl and inner rocker/jamb area was removed that it actually caused the passenger side to droop.

With the jack under the front of the rocker, right under the door hinge support we were able to square everything up.

The gaps are all correct now.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts