Team Camaro Tech banner
621 - 640 of 680 Posts

· Premium Member
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #621 ·
Any updates on your progress? Been waiting and looking towards the next installment of this build. Hope all is well with everyone.
I will put up more pics tomorrow. We are on the final coat of primer for all body panels.

We just kept finding tiny imperfection and did not want to ignore them.

Katie sent out all her trim to be restored. It came in last week and looks perfect!

My dad is giving Katie NOS beauty rings and deluxe bumpers for Xmas. Great gifts!

· Premium Member
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #622 · (Edited)
Katie finished priming the fenders, doors, valence, hood, header and body.

She did a fantastic job applying primer where it was needed.

Although, when she first started shooting she was complaining that the gun was spraying to heavy. I came out and noticed that she forgot to plug in the 220 line to the compressor. Problem solved.

This is straighter than my other cars with original metal. The surfaces now look straight and smooth. We finally cleaned up those pesky little imperfections.

We will block 1 more time over the areas we primed but the panels look very smooth and scratch free.
Aircraft Aviation Monoplane Automotive tire Gas

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Wood Asphalt

Vehicle Car Wheel Automotive lighting Hood

Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

· Registered
17 Posts
Just went through this entire thread. Unbelievable work the 2 of you are doing and even better to see you doing this with your daughter. I am in the process of redoing a 68 for my son and basically have to do everything to the body you already did.

Can't wait to see this thing in paint.

· Premium Member
101 Posts
wild guess...got auto-rejected because it was from the same IP address as your account? Have her try from her phone while it's NOT connected to your home wifi. Beyond that it'll need a moderator to sort out.
Agreed, the Vertical Scope sites are configured such that we can see the IP address of members. If someone pops up with a matching IP, they can get flagged or rejected.

· Premium Member
224 Posts
Wow! She’s gonna have her pick of employment opportunities!
I believe her dad said she already has a job/apprenticeship with GM. We had a quick discussion about how she's going to drive her Camaro to work and then blow them away with the story about how she and her father built it!

· Premium Member
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #639 ·
She c
I believe her dad said she already has a job/apprenticeship with GM. We had a quick discussion about how she's going to drive her Camaro to work and then blow them away with the story about how she and father built it!
She is currently working at Gulfstream Aerospace (as part of Co-op extension). She starts a full-time job at G.M. in January.

· Premium Member
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #640 ·
I bought a new HVLP-400 IWATA paint gun for clear coat. My previous gun was really meant for base coat but was a step up from my original gun I used for both.

We are going to paint a few small parts as a test just to see how the old gun works as a base coat gun and the new one as a clear coat gun. An early X-Mass gift to myself. So, don't rain on my parade about the gun selection.

621 - 640 of 680 Posts