Team Camaro Tech banner
641 - 660 of 680 Posts

· Registered
5,433 Posts
She c

She is currently working at Gulfstream Aerospace (as part of Co-op extension). She starts a full-time job at G.M. in January.
Where was this girl when I was younger and single??? Sounds like Katie is off to a flying start (pun intended). Sure is fun to see our kids get off to a great start, isn't it? Again... congratulations!

· Registered
5,433 Posts
Yes. I’m so happy for her but sad she is moving so far away.
I understand that! It is a parents job to raise their kids to live without them, though. Seems you have more than succeeded with that. Don't worry... she won't forget you. You might not see her as often as you like, but she'll still be there.

· Premium Member
2,263 Posts
Tell her Congratulations for me! I think her experience in the industry that you mentored her in will enable her to far exceed her fellow students and put her into a perspective/viewpoint most engineers lack. We receive so many engineers that just have no clue about manufacturing because there is not a requirement for them to take a semester in Machine Shop. They don't develop the knowledge to incorporate manufacturability into their designs, to where your daughter can now relate to what it takes and what goes into the final product - The true "Manufacturability". Give yourself a pat on the back for me!
Brett 🚀 🚀 🚀

Reactions: Sosh67 and Dlish

· Registered
Camaro 1968, going along with a propane powered BPE 383 ci, T56, Eaton Posi 4.10:1, MCB Big Brakes
1,499 Posts
Tell her Congratulations for me! I think her experience in the industry that you mentored her in will enable her to far exceed her fellow students and put her into a perspective/viewpoint most engineers lack. We receive so many engineers that just have no clue about manufacturing because there is not a requirement for them to take a semester in Machine Shop. They don't develop the knowledge to incorporate manufacturability into their designs, to where your daughter can now relate to what it takes and what goes into the final product - The true "Manufacturability". Give yourself a pat on the back for me!
Brett 🚀 🚀 🚀
X 2 , I totally agree and think the same!

· Premium Member
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #653 ·
We need to paint the interior of the trunk. I used splatter paint and clear over that on my other cars.

I am wondering if there is a more rugged and moisture resistant alternative for Katie’s car.

· Premium Member
Tim - The Northwest 1969 Camaro
1,605 Posts
We need to paint the interior of the trunk. I used splatter paint and clear over that on my other cars.

I am wondering if there is a more rugged and moisture resistant alternative for Katie’s car.
I did the "Zylotone" and clear over mine which is pretty bullet proof.

· Premium Member
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #657 ·
Well, I had to go to the emergency room last week and discovered i had gall stones. So, I had the operation on Monday and have been out of commission since then.

Katie built a mini booth using my instructions. I was able to walk out for a few minutes at a time and inspect her work today. I did have to pull it off her when it collapsed due to the wind. But, she eventually got it done.

She painted her first parts in Marina blue and I was able to show her how to cross hatch and overlap the paint to avoid tiger stripes. She did quite well with setting up the base coat and clear guns

She is going to paint the fender extensions, trunk lid underside and door interiors tomorrow. Maybe even the hood. The rest will be done in the big booth.

I was also able to show her how to set the gun fan and flow for tight spots and larger panels.

I am confident she knows what she is dong now.
Tree Road surface Shade Plant Land lot

Hood Bumper Rectangle Wood Automotive exterior

Furniture Table Wood Floor Outdoor furniture

Glove Slope Sports equipment Sports Skier

Glove Workwear Freezing Recreation Snow

Aircraft Glove Workwear Safety glove Engineering

· Registered
783 Posts
First off, good luck with your recovery. Secondly, your daughter seems to have it pretty much under control, thanks to your involvement and guidance during this rebuild. I have been following this and always look forward to how things are going for you both and the build. You two have really done a lot of work in what I would call a pretty short time. And good work as well. Definitely something for you both to be proud of and not to mention the bonding and memories that will last forever. Kuddos to the both of you. And don't overdo yourself while your suppose to be healing. I know it's hard to do. Continued good luck.

· Premium Member
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #659 ·
First off, good luck with your recovery. Secondly, your daughter seems to have it pretty much under control, thanks to your involvement and guidance during this rebuild. I have been following this and always look forward to how things are going for you both and the build. You two have really done a lot of work in what I would call a pretty short time. And good work as well. Definitely something for you both to be proud of and not to mention the bonding and memories that will last forever. Kuddos to the both of you. And don't overdo yourself while your suppose to be healing. I know it's hard to do. Continued good luck.
Thanks so much for following the blog. It was just bad luck with having the surgery the week we knew would be getting good weather. I probably overdid it today and can certainly feel it. But, she is a quick study and I know she will knock out the rest of the panels to be shot in the Minnie booth with minimal help from me.

That surgery had a much harder recovery than I had expected. Air from the surgery made its way into my shoulder and was very painful and only subsided today.

· Registered
1,659 Posts
Thanks so much for following the blog. It was just bad luck with having the surgery the week we knew would be getting good weather. I probably overdid it today and can certainly feel it. But, she is a quick study and I know she will knock out the rest of the panels to be shot in the Minnie booth with minimal help from me.

That surgery had a much harder recovery than I had expected. Air from the surgery made its way into my shoulder and was very painful and only subsided today.

Attachments

641 - 660 of 680 Posts