Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 16 yrs old and in chicago area my parents told me if i finished my eagle project i could get a car. First thing i said was i want a camaro. i have been looking for like three four months, i found some in my area but i dont really know what i should be looking for in the car like anyhting i should look at inorder to get a good deal. I found one with a blower on it but i dont know if that is even necessary for my use of the car. If anyone out there has any suggestions or could give my a hand with this i would appreciate it. if it helps i am really only looking at the first generation camaros. thanks ya'll

·
Retired
16,004 Posts
welcome to Team Camaro. I think Bill can move this question to the BENCH section for more likely comments.
If you plan on driving a camaro during school, the insurance will be horrendous on a car with a blower.
Keep searching the sites like Ebay, Hemmings, CartraderOnline etc, a search of Google will give you tons of places to look. The first generation of camaros are getting expensive so be prepared for sticker shock. The 4 sale board in this site has some nice cars on occasion as well.
Dont be in a hurry, decide if 'original' or 'clone' is ok and keep your eyes on peoples back yards for Camaros that are just sitting.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Camaroboy, I would recommend you go to the local book store and look for a book on Camaro restoration. Look for one that has tips on what to look for when buying a car. This will be the most important part of your project. Decide if originality is important..ie finding a "matching numbers" car. Check out this website for locating and comparing numbers: http://camaros.org/index.shtml Make sure that if you do buy a car that needs work, you have the capabilities to perform the work, or the money to have it done. These cars are relativiely easy to restore and fix, but you will need some skills and money. Maybe you can share what your initial budget is? Keep browsing the forums here...there is a wealth of information. As Click said, check Ebay Motor and click on collector cars. Also check collectorcartrader.com for cars in your local area. Good luck, Mike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts