Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of weeks ago I had some questions about my 68 RS headlight cover operation and thanks for all your help. I took apart and analyzed every part and I found that I have a bad original switch. When I pull the knob it doesn't allow the vacuum to pass through. I also have have two bad actuators that I just installed with 0 miles on them but I bought them 3 years ago. No matter where I position the piston in the actuators if I suck or blow on either side of the piston it just bypasses the piston and won't stroke. Pieces of crap. I'm looking at buying a set from ricks cause they have a couple of other parts that I need. The add says that they are GM raestoration parts and are made with new tooling. The question is before I spend another $200.00 on these actuators are these units going to work or are they crap also.
please respond quickly as I need to order them soon.

Don

·
Registered
370 Posts
Rick will work with you so you get a working set he is real good about that. Hope you have good luck with them. I called around to see if I could find a NOS pair no luck found some used but they were high. good luck.

69 RS Z/28 96 IMAPLA SS 82 C10 300HP 350

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
The switch wont pass vaccum? Take the cover off it and see whats up with it.Just un-bend the hold downs,there's a rubber seal that slides when you move the switch,it's simple. If you pull a vaccum on the actuator,with a finger over the other port,does it hold vaccum?

------------------
68 z28 68 rs 327 73 454 vette

1 - 4 of 4 Posts