Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past week I have come to realize that my 67' has magical powers.
I received a notice in the mail on friday from the Municipal Court of Seattle informing me that I have failed to pay for a "Parking Payment Device Violation" from 1/13/07. They say I need to pay $60 and pay it soon or face collection agencies and all that.
Here is the problem with that, which is where the magic must come in. I have had the Camaro for about 4 years now. I have only driven the car maybe 15 times total in those 4 years. I have never driven the car in, near, or around Seattle, ever. I live about an hour and a half from Seattle. The biggest kicker, there hasn't been an engine in the car for at least the last 4 months.
To prove even more that magic has to be invovled is that on the notice it lists that the vehicle is a Volvo!!! So not only did it somehow find its way to Seattle without me knowing, it is also a master of disguise!
I am amazed. Do you think this will up the value of the car? At least by enough to cover the ticket that they want me to pay?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Happened to me a few years back. Said it was on a Jepp when really it came off of a Ford EXP ( don't laugh ). Contested it and won. The weird thing was, I threw out those plates in California ( Camp Pendelton ) and they ended up here in Chicago.

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
not the ultra rare 'x-11 z28/rs/ss/hemi/f-1/nascar' package is it? Saw one of those on ebay and the one at the famous muscle car auction sell for some big bux....

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
In the nearby state of Rhode Island, there are many cars with the same plate number. Two guys had the same cars even however one was red and the other was burgandy. In many states, the do not list every color so red covers all colors from pink to maroon :)

Kev

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Now that's a true sleeper. And Just think of the insurance cost savings!;)
I mean the cost to insure a 4 door Volvo sedan wagon has got to be tons cheaper than a '67 Blown big block Camaro.:thumbsup: Not to mention the anti-theft benefits as well. Way to go on scoring such a rare car.:beers:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I checked that just after receiving the notice in the mail. They are still there. I get to call on this one tomorrow. Should make for a interesting conversation. I can send them pics of the engine in the garage and the car in the driveway up on jacks and no hood if they really want proof.

·
Retired
16,027 Posts
send the ticket back with an imaginary check made with crayons and kids school paper and attach a copy of your title to it and ask them, "which would you like to trust?"
That will prove your car brand name and title and VIN and give them a chuckle with the fake check, it will go away. :)

·
Registered
257 Posts
I had a similar thing happen to me a couple of years back. I received notice that they were going to issue an arrest warrant if I didn't pay an old parking ticket. I had never gotten a parking ticket, so I figured someone took it off my car, or it blew away or???
So I go to the courthouse to pay the ticket. I had already paid the fine when I see the police copy of the ticket sitting there. The car ticketed was an AMC Pacer.(I would never own a Pacer) So I disputed the ticket & got to go in front of a judge. They checked my plate number compared to the Pacer, and the cop had made a typo on the ticket.
Case dismissed.

Brichead

1 - 10 of 10 Posts