Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to buy the Weir crossmember for my T-56 swap. Thought some might be interested in what it looks like.

I don't have a place to post it on the net, so if anyone wants to host the pics, let me know and I will email the pictures.

Rick

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The crossmember was $150.00. I would describe it as very functional, but not a show car piece by any means. It's definitely over engineered for strength, which is a good thing! I don't have it installed yet, but I will soon. I went with his crossmember because it should work perfectly with the rest of his kit, which I purchased a while ago. I sent the pictures to DJD if your interested.

·
Retired
26,663 Posts
I got the pics at home this morning but with voting and all didn't have time to upload them... Looks like it came off the stelth fighter!! I'll try to post them tonight

Z

·
0 Posts
Man, don’t you think Jeff (jks67ss396) would like to see this?
Mark (A.K.A. Z28 Mark)

·
Registered
612 Posts
Interesting design. In all total, what did you spend on the complete kit as far as bellhousing, slave, clutch, crossmember ect, and was any additional fabrication or parts needed for a complete install?
Here is another T56 crossmember for those looking for a bolt in:

Tyler

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.pro-touring.com/featured_cars/Camaro/1968_Camaro/Tyler_Beauregard/tyler_beauregard.htm" TARGET=_blank>
68-LT1-T56
</A>
<A HREF="http://www.pro-touring.com/featured_cars/Camaro/1968_Camaro/Tyler_Beauregard/5050.htm" TARGET=_blank>
50/50
</A>

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well,
If I remember correctly, this is approximate break down:
t-56 = $1000.00
Weir Kit (bellhousing, throw-out bearing, clutch master cylinder, shaft to connect the pedal to the master cylinder, frame mounted bracket = $650-$700
Crossmember = $150.00
Centerforce Clutch = $250 ?
Flywheel = $50.00 (used)
Brake lines for clutch master to throw-out bearing = $10.00
Shorten driveshaft = $75.00
Lengthen driveshaft = $90.00 (don't ask)
Shorten driveshaft = $65.00 (don't ask)
Misc. = $50.00

Total = about $2400.00

Fabrication required:

Cut a hole in the tunnel for the shifter.

Cut off part of the inner fender to make room for the frame mounted bracket.

The kit really works well. I'm happy with it so far.
Rick

·
Registered
124 Posts
rickmack,
Was your T56 off of an LS1 or an LT1 car? What engine were you mounting it up to? I have a T56 off of an LS1. I spoke with Weir, and he said he has a kit for it that will work fine with my ZZ4. Teetoe_Jones is currently working on a kit as well (final stages of development).

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My 68 has 427. The T-56 was out of an LT1 car. Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts