Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a vibration at 2500 rpm. it does it in park and drive. I replaced the balancer and i am alomst 100% sure the flywheel is correct. the whole car shakes. Any suggestions accepted.

·
Registered
8,091 Posts
you say flywheel, but your sig says t350. if its the automatic variety (a th350), try unbolting the torque converter and run the motor to see if the vibration goes away. if it does, its the converter or in the trans (likely converter).
just be careful revving it up, it will free rev plenty quick w/o a torque converter attached.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I guess i should have said flexplate or whatever the thing is called to be technically correct. I will try unbolting the converter. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
Be sure that when you unbolt the converter that you have 3/8" or so gap between the converter and flexplate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do some easy things first before unbolting converter.
1. support car SAFELY, remove rear wheels. screw lugs onto studs to keep drums in place, run through gears....could be unbalanced tire, bent rim.

2. remove drive shaft and plug th trans (easy). run the car through gears in place, could be driveshaft

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have also had a bad waterpump cause vibrations at higher RPM's....it eventually came apart and vibration was gone after replacing...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I havent had a chance to remove the converter bolts yet but i will very soon. it vibrates in park so i know it isnt the tires or driveshaft.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts