Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was poking around today as my brakes feel like mush. I noticed a brown wire hanging behind my master cylinder. I have a Camaro book coming so I can ID this stuff but it isn't here yet. Can you guys ID this wire?

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

·
15,370 Posts
oops... I meant round.... not flat blade style. :)

Does the boot have a small hole in the center? If so, it fits that terminal on the valve. Did the car originally not have a booster? Maybe that's why it's so short.
Mine was manual also, but the wire was still long enough to reach once I put the booster on.

·
15,370 Posts
It lights the BRAKE idiot light on the dash if the brake pressure is abnormal such as when the master gets low on fluid, or there's a leak in the brake system somewhere.
There's a corresponding brown wire inside that attaches to the Parking Brake switch under the dash. Both of them will light the idiot light. No offense. :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, I don't have an idiot light I guess so it isn't needed. Have the Dakota gauges. Now since I know it does nothing for me I guess I gotta figure out why my brake pedal goes almost to the floor!

Thanks Joe

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, I checked and yes I guess I do as well. Now what is curious is the white fitting on the valve looked like a black boot from the wire was on there as there was some black residue. But when I try to attach it I don't get the feeling I am getting that boot to fit the connection properly even if I had a few more inches of wire. Hmmm the white fitting has two lips and I get over the first one but not the second and the boot just kinda pops off

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
I say its the wire for the under hood lamp.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hmm well that boot looks like it fit the proportioning valve and my Camaro factory assembly instruction manual says it is the brake alarm switch - UPC j50/a4 - power brake narness ext asm. For me the question is why doesn't the boot fit over the switch and connect as expected.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts