Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the midst of putting in a new flywheel, etc and noticed two threaded holes that are about 1/8" on the top lip that the bell housing bolts to. There is one on each side, towards the outside edge, on top of that 'flange'. Being threaded, do they have a purpose? If I am explaining myself clearly, what are they for? I'd like to seal them so any oil leaks from the rear of the engine don't work their way inside the bellhousing.

------------------
Rick Dorion
69 RS Conv,355,M20,4.10's and I don't worry about stone chips ( yet ).

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
The brackets were only used on engines with "ram's horn" style manifolds, but the holes were drilled/tapped in all blocks - they're 1/4"-20, and the larger hole just above them takes a locating tab on the loom bracket to keep it in position.

------------------
JohnZ
CRG
'69 Z28 Fathom Green

[This message has been edited by JohnZ (edited 08-22-2002).]

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
where can one purchase these Wire looms?

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
All the Corvette resto parts houses have them (Corvette Central, Zip, Long Island Corvette Supply, etc.); Corvettes had "ram's horn" manifolds and ignition shielding, so they used them - Novas, Camaros, and Chevelles have the "log" manifolds and didn't use them.

------------------
JohnZ
CRG
'69 Z28 Fathom Green

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.