Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I posted some pics in another thread with my front spring perches being bent. So I grabbed my buddy's 70 nova perches to use. The "fixed" hole, (without the slot) was a bolt hole off. Couldn't understand why assuming camaro and nova perches were interchangeable. Well, some aren't it looks like. I found out that a prior owner DID use nova perches, and bent them to make them fit. I ordered new "camaro" front perches. Here's the difference. The perch that has 67 camaro written on it are the ones that were in the car, and tweaked to make fit. They're identical to the 70 nova perches. The pic with just the 2, you can see where they bent the tab to make the hole line up. When they did that, it distorted the bracket to the point that the leaf spring was no longer able to hang at the right angle, and it was twisted in the bracket.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
I believe when Nova and Camaro front perches are swapped that the front of the spring is also at a different height. Camaro perches lower the car, Nova perches raise the car. Have never tried the swap, that's just a rumour I heard. Maybe you can verify that since you have perches in hand.

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe your correct. It's not by much though. 1/2 to 5/8" maybe.

Reactions: dyno jonn
1 - 3 of 3 Posts