Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I've searched the forums for awhile and couldn't find any info. Probably pretty simple.

I'm installing the msd 6al and new coil and my coil has 4 wires hooked up to it.

I've worked out that one red wire is from the ignition switch and one red one is from my tach. A black one that goes to the distributor and a bluey green one that is ???

Anybody have any ideas. I don't really have much knowledge about this.

Thanks alot guys.

bruce:confused:

·
Registered
472 Posts
It's going to be tough for someone to comment based on wire color if it has been altered from stock. Off the top of my head I think what you should have with stock wiring is:
Coil +, Pink(switched ignition power) and Yellow(power from the starter solenoid) wires from the harness
Coil -, brown wire (to the tach)
You will also have (in stock trim) a wire from each of the coil terminals that goes to the distributor, colors on them will vary based on the distributor style that you have, whether it has been converted to breakerless, or hei, etc...

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Since you are using the MSD 6al box, go to the MSD website. Along the top of the page is tech support. Then there is instruction download. You choose what will work for the parts you have. They have wiring diagrams for their boxes and dist.'s. Maybe that will help.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool. thanks alot guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts