Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got my '69 dash and column out. Previous owner - "Bubba" - cut out the wire(s) on the door jamb switch for the passenger door. I don't see any cut white wire along the wiring harnass in the dash. On the driver's side, there are two cut white wires, and one black wire.

1. Does the driver jam switch have both whites together, and the black on the other terminal?

2. Where does the white wire from the passenger jam switch go - through the dash or somewhere else?

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
I've got my '69 dash and column out. Previous owner - "Bubba" - cut out the wire(s) on the door jamb switch for the passenger door. I don't see any cut white wire along the wiring harnass in the dash. On the driver's side, there are two cut white wires, and one black wire.

1. Does the driver jam switch have both whites together, and the black on the other terminal?

2. Where does the white wire from the passenger jam switch go - through the dash or somewhere else?

Driver side switch....1 white...1 black wire(key reminder)....passenger side switch...1 white wire,switch body serves as ground. White wires connect to terminal pin location 156, black wire connects to teminal pin location 159(key reminder) on harness connector according to diagram that I have.

David F.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Driver side switch....1 white...1 black wire(key reminder)....passenger side switch...1 white wire,switch body serves as ground. White wires connect to terminal pin location 156, black wire connects to teminal pin location 159(key reminder) on harness connector according to diagram that I have.

David F.
Is the terminal pin location behind the fuse block or somewhere else?

My wiring diagram looks like it shows two white wires on the pin switch. Can you look at that and see what you think?

THanks.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Is the terminal pin location behind the fuse block or somewhere else?

My wiring diagram looks like it shows two white wires on the pin switch. Can you look at that and see what you think?

THanks.
Pin location is listed as being on the harness connector on my diagram.

My diagram shows(could be a misprint/mistake)"Left door jamb switch" (reminder system) pin location 156A-18W and 159-18B to the connector."Right door jamb switch pin location 156B-18W.Also shown on my diagram are 2 white wires identifed as "Instrument Panel Courtesy Lamps". Is it possible that is what you have?

David F.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also shown on my diagram are 2 white wires identifed as "Instrument Panel Courtesy Lamps". Is it possible that is what you have?

David F.
I'm not sure if they are or not. Did all Camaros have the courtesy lights that were near the kick panels? My '68 had them, but this '69 doesn't. Don't know if Bubba cut them out or what.

The passenger-side jam switch: does it go into the wiring harnass in the dash, or was it a loose wire going over to the fuse block or where? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
I'm not sure if they are or not. Did all Camaros have the courtesy lights that were near the kick panels? My '68 had them, but this '69 doesn't. Don't know if Bubba cut them out or what.

The passenger-side jam switch: does it go into the wiring harnass in the dash, or was it a loose wire going over to the fuse block or where? Thanks.
.........harness connector....same pin location as left side # 156.

David F.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts