Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help on a source for narrowing my 12 bolt diff, I need to tuck a nice set of tires under my 67, thanks, Mike.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
What is it that you need? Are you looking for a complete narrowed rear end or just someone to narrow a housing? If you have a '67 Camaro 12 bolt please don't cut it up. You need a housing from a Impala to cut. The Camaro housing is too rare to cut.

------------------
'69 RS/SS396 pro street
427/4spd/9"
Byars Performance
High Performance Drive Train Parts And Service
www.lubedealer.com/biggearhead

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
The 3.42 is an inexpensive gear for the 12 bolt. They run around $170. Aftermarket axles will also be needed. Because you will need new axles, you should get the housing ends that take the 9" Ford axle bearings. This will eliminate the C clips. If you wanted to go all out you could go with a 33 spline Eaton posi and 33 spline axles.

------------------
'69 RS/SS396 pro street
427/4spd/9"
Byars Performance
High Performance Drive Train Parts And Service
www.lubedealer.com/biggearhead

·
Registered
317 Posts
I hate to break in but BGH may have some good info for me. I need a 9" housing narrowed for a 68 and I live in Upper Michigan (North of green bay). Any contacts or sources you know of?? It already has a traction lock and I will buy axels if the ones in it are tapered.

·
Registered
963 Posts
J early,
I just bought a new, narrowed nine inch for my 69 and paid under 500.00 with all the brackets welded on. I'm running a ladder bar and coil over set up. The rear came from S&W racecars.
Bruce

·
Registered
402 Posts
If your looking for a complete rear end, Warren DTS isn't the ticket. They no longer build complete rear ends there. If you just need an existing housing narrowed, then they do good work. The DTS in Grand Rapids builds all of DTS's complete rear ends.

------------------
79' Z28...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts