Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

My engine builder is in the process of building my 502. I told him I would furnish the flywheel. He told me to make sure I get a flywheel for a one-piece rear main and externally balanced. The only one I see available for a 502 is through Jegs. It’s a Centerforce flywheel for a 502. I went to the Cenerforce web page and it said this flywheel is counter balanced. What is a counter balanced flywheel? Is it the same an external balanced flywheel? Which fly should I get for a 502? Yep the fun is now beginning. :confused: Thanks you everyone.
Joe

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Hi Joe. If you can get the new Chevy High Performance magazine(April 2003)on sale now,Ther's an article all about flywheels, flexplates and starters you might find interesting.I think counter and external is the same thing IMHO.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi Joe,

I went thru the same issue as you in regards to getting the correct flywheel for my 502. Sallee Chevrolet located in Oregon is where I purchased my custom built 502 from. The are a GM dealership that also has a in-house custom engine building center on site. They can help you get the correct flywheel for your application.

I believe that the term conterbalance in regards to your question, refers to the flywheel as being externally balanced.

http://www.sallee-chevrolet.com

Good luck on your 502.

Larry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts