Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guy's , I need 67-68 camaro pics of how your car looks with hotchkis 1.5 or 3in rear springs on it . I'm thinking about buying a set of hotchkis 1.5 lowering springs for my car,but I'm not sure which ones to get. I want to keep my ride height I have now. I have hotchkis 2in drop springs in the front now with BF 225 or235 not sure but are on 15in rims and the back has BF 245 15in. Also do you guys think the hotchkis rear leaf springs will give me a better ride ? I have a stock 4 leaf set now ,that I had to remove one leaf to get the ride height to look right. But rides a little rough in the rear . P.S i wouldn't mind going a little lower in the rear then what the pics show .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
This is how mine sits with 1.5 drop in the rear and Detroit Speed 2" drop in the front. I would like the rear to be an inch lower. The front has 1/2" spacers because it sat too low. I may be able to take that out now that I have installed aluminum heads and hubs that move the front wheels inboard. I have 17" rims. I think your ride will be affected more by your shocks. What shocks are you running? KYB gas are stiff (I had them in my 69). The Bilsteins in this car are MUCH nicer riding.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
Hotchkis 1.5 rear with hotchkiss small springs in front with a 327. 15x8 4.5 B/S 255/60/15 rear 15x7 4.125 BS front 235/60/15.

·
19,759 Posts
Shocks will make a world of difference :yes:
I have the adjustable Ranchos that CalvertRacing recommended on the rear, with the 4-leaf JCWhitney springs and also removed the bottom leaf.
With the cheapie parts store shocks....it was rough...now with the Ranchos its way better.

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
I use Monroe sensa-trac on all four corners and like them. I have run KYB and would say the monroe is not as harsh as the KYB but handles just as well. This has been my experiance.....your tastes may vary.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have Monroe shocks , sensa trac i think. i bought them at o'reilly auto parts and matched them up with my travel . Hey BallJoint ,what rear springs are those ?? 1 1/2 or 3 in drop

·
Premium Member
4,806 Posts
Hotchkis 1.5 in rear + 1" blocks, Hotchkis small block front springs, rubber body bushings, Bilstein shocks, 225/60-15 front, 245/60-15 rear on 15x7 TTD's.
Hey Russ, do you have a side shot of your car. I'm thinking about adding a 1" lowering block to the rear (and cutting a 1/2 coil up front) and would like to see where your car sits with the same springs. Even though our tire/wheel combo is much different, they are actually about the same diameter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts