Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Got my seat covers on the two 69 coupe bucket seats, and want to put the latch for the seat back, as well as the rubber bumper, but I can't remember where the two holes are, and don't want to poke around with the ice pick any more than necessary.
Was wondering if anyone could send me a photo looking down from above the bare seat frame so that I can get in the ball park where to find the three holes. I'm out of luck so far, and any books I have on seat restoration doesn't have a detailed photo with enough resolution to help me out.

Anything from you guys would help immensely

Thanks as always
RJ

·
11,271 Posts
How's this? From Pass side. The threaded holes are the two across ones on the left side.

Also, you can clip the base piece into the latch, lower the seat back, adjust the base so it sits flat, hold the base down while unlatching seat back and that will be the approx location :D

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Kevin, exactly what I needed!!!
One question-On the pic of the rusty seat base. I see the two holes where the latch "hook" bolts up. Now all I have to do is find them by touch and needle method. On the other side there appears to be a tiny hole. Is that where the screw for the rubber bumper goes?

I'll have a go at this this morning. I might get back with you if necessary.
Thanks so much for the pictures. Huge help.
RJ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts