Team Camaro Tech banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Going back to my first post, what's the benefit of using a aluminum driveshaft on a street car with a big block that the OPer mentions he has? Other than weight of about 5-10 lbs which is really negligible on a street car.

Jim, I believe the aluminum flywheel decelerates quicker, I guess that it will help a bit but also accelerates quicker as well which I would think helps in race applications if set up properly with the right combination of parts.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I have used Strange Engineering products in the past with no problem. Their 3" chrome molly steel driveshaft with 1350 u-joints is pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Denny's sound great, but with a long wait and higher cost factor involved, I think the Strange shaft is the one I want. Thanks all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If your BB has a lot of torque, that M22 might not last long. Make sure that is what you want before buying a new driveshaft.
well, I’m going to play devils advocate here guys! My 1970 Z28 has the M22 Rock Crusher close ratio 4 speed and back in the good old day’s I’ve seen guy’s pull there M22 out of their street car and put it in their BB drag cars just for the weekend races and then put it back in the street car without any problems! The M22 like the power glide were almost indestructible! Just my 2 cents worth

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have several good nascar dynotec driveshafts. 1350 u joints and a billet yoke. 47.5 ctc and some longer. 150$ can’t best em for strength and cost if I have a length u can use. I can tell u the length if car is a 12 bolt Rear. Just need know what trans came with car and what year m22. The 1970-74 trans is inch longer

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
I have several good nascar dynotec driveshafts. 1350 u joints and a billet yoke. 47.5 ctc and some longer. 150$ can’t best em for strength and cost if I have a length u can use. I can tell u the length if car is a 12 bolt Rear. Just need know what trans came with car and what year m22. The 1970-74 trans is inch longer
do you have something 49-50" center to center?

41 - 46 of 46 Posts