Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My kid just gave me the system out of his old car. I don't want to cut up my dash. I'd like to put it in the glove box. Any mounting tips? How about an alternate (hidden) mounting spot? It's got a remote but it's a line of sight deal. Anyone have pictures?

Chad

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nobody has their stereo mounted somewhere other than the dash??? Anyone??? Bueller? Bueller?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Hello,
You may want to remove the old glove box liner if you don't want to cut it up and then fabricate some brackets off of the liner's old mounting holes to secure the new radio in place. Use some thin steel flat stock from the hardware store that you can cut and bend to work.
If the radio uses an IR remote then you could get an IR repeater system that would work off of the car's 12v system. I would have to look up the name of company I used in the past but it was real easy to do. The repeater sends a signal to the radio that can be behind the closed glove box door. You could then fabricate filler panels to go around the radio in the glove box to trim it off and make it looked finished and may also give you some storage room.
Jim/Saint Louis

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
How about finding a correct DIN box that would let you maybe secure it just below the dash above the center console?
I'm going aftermarket Covan dash so it doesn't matter to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts