Team Camaro Tech banner

need a little help

949 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  KevinW 
#1 ·
I don't know if any one knows or not but i have been trying to find out if there is any way to match A quadrajet carb to the engine it originally came off of. If any one knows any thing about this I would appreciate any info.

#2 · (Edited)
i have been trying to find out if there is any way to match A quadrajet carb to the engine it originally came off of.
I don't mean to sound rude, but your question dosent make any sense.

Let me see if I can decifer your question........

You want to try and find the original engine that a Q-Jet carb came off of?

~OR~

You want to know what kind of engine the Q-Jet carb is supposed to be used on?

~OR~

You want to know how to tune your Q-Jet to a specific engine?

Joe

#3 ·
On the driver side of the bowl ahead of the throttle shaft, there is a seven digit number, 7XXXXXX, Take this number to your local parts store or carb rebuild shop and they can tell you the engine it may have came from.

Q-jets from Caddy 472 & 500 are 850 cfm and jetted accordingly.

#5 ·
My question is quite more complicated than that actually. My Q-jet was stolen off of my camaro, and I am curious if there is any way to prove a particular Q-jet was attached to the engine in my car. Through matching of stamps or tags or whatever. I am sorry i was not more clear as that would have helped you give me some sort of information. I just want some information that I can pass on to th Military Police who may be working this case. thank yoh

#8 ·
This nails it. Most reputable parts stores, NAPA for one, can give the carb number for yr/model/engine/hp/trans. But most will have independent rebuilder's part numbers.

Take the engine code from the pass side deck underneath the alternator, get it decoded to tell what engine is. Armed with this info, carb number would turn up.

Best place is to see the elderly guy/woman at any GM dealer.
Any older repair shop with Motors Manuals will have this listing.
A large library in the Reference Section.

#7 ·
I think what he's asking is, can you say for a fact that this carb came off this engine like two matching serial numbers. not that this carb was put on 100,000 camaro's. mabe someone has more info than me but i would say no.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.