Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
Shawn Lemans Blue 1969 Camaro LS3, TKO 600
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the dash and steering column in and the gauges power up and the vintage air works. Thought I would try and bump the starter over and nothing happens. Actually the power to the gauges go out when I try and turn the starter over. Ugh.. I am sure I got something wired wrong..

·
13,829 Posts
Is your battery fully charged?

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
Sounds like you wired you gauges to accessory rather than ignition (pink) power. What did you do for a neutral safety switch? AAW classic update?

Don

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is your battery fully charged?
That was actually my first thought, but discounted that because the battery is brand new. I will have to check it.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like you wired you gauges to accessory rather than ignition (pink) power. What did you do for a neutral safety switch? AAW classic update?

Don
The Dakota Digital controller takes constant power and accessory power. The status led light blinks like everything is okay.
I used the AAW classic update neutral safety switch.

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
I think it takes constant power and ignition power. At least if you want the gauges on while cranking it does.

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
I’m going to guess you didn’t wire the neutral safety switch correctly. Either that or it doesn’t think you are in park or neutral.

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
Jumper across the neutral safety switch and see if it cranks.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think it takes constant power and ignition power. At least if you want the gauges on while cranking it does.
From the instruction. Maybe I am confusing accessory power and ignition power.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’m going to guess you didn’t wire the neutral safety switch correctly. Either that or it doesn’t think you are in park or neutral.
You are correct. I just realized I forgot the ground out one side of the neutral switch coming off the transmission. One of those I will go back and do and forgot. Hopefully that will fix it.

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
From the instruction. Maybe I am confusing accessory power and ignition power. View attachment 265150
If you connect it like that then your gauges will go off while cranking. So you got what you asked for.... 🙂

Apparently I didn’t read the instructions because I wire mine to the ignition wire and they stay on while cranking... 🙂

Don

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you connect it like that then your gauges will go off while cranking. So you got what you asked for.... 🙂

Apparently I didn’t read the instructions because I wire mine to the ignition wire and they stay on while cranking... 🙂

Don
That’s what I get for reading instruction, lol. I am totally confused. Maybe that is why hooking up the ground didn’t fix it. So accessory power is actually ignition?

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
No accessory power is off while cranking. Ignition power is on while cranking. Accessory is on in accessory position and ignition is off in accessory position. Sorry I confused you.

Maybe post up some details of your neutral safety switch and how you have it all connected.

Don

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No accessory power is off while cranking. Ignition power is on while cranking. Accessory is on in accessory position and ignition is off in accessory position. Sorry I confused you.

Maybe post up some details of your neutral safety switch and how you have it all connected.

Don
Thanks Don. I fixed it. It turns over now and gauges stay on. I am ashamed to say what was wrong. Let’s just say it was operator error, lol..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts