·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a black 67 RS SS with rally wheels. I want to get torque thrust D's
Front now is 225 60R15 with 4" BS 0" offset
Rear is now 255 60 R15 BS 4.25" offset of +.25
15 x 7" wheels on all four now.

I Have a 12 bolt chevelle rear end now and like the tire fit I have front and rear.

Standard 15" x 7 torq thrust D's have a 3.8 backspace with -.2" offset

I am concerned about the back and having to add about 1/2" of width overall if I use the same tires. I have a good 2 1/2" of top clearance but the tires now are just inside the fender at the top. The new torq thrust wheels would put the tire width just inside the Chrome trim around the wheel well. I have 4 leaf springs per side and air shocks but have no idea how far the rear end comes down when I get on it!

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks John

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Here's my 68 vert with TT-D's in 15x7 w/3.76BS, 225/60's up front and 245/60's in the rear. I could easily have fit 255's in the rear. I have Hotchkis springs front and rear.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Russ,
Beautiful car! Thanks for your reply. I am told my problem is the Chevelle rear end. It must add width. Working with the wheels for less guys the largest back space I can get is 4" on a riddler chrome wheel.
They look a lot like a TT2 wheel.
Anyone here using them?
If I wanted polished TT has a T71R with 4" backspace. I just do not want to polish them all the time! Too much work for me at my age!
John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts