Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
69 Camaro, 1/8 mile drag car. Stock front suspension with adjustable rebound shocks. Need front end alignment specs best for this race car. Have stock specs, but what specs do you guys use on a 1/8 mile drag car?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
With stock steering and suspension. Raise the frontend about 1" from race ready ride height. Then set camber and toe at zero and 5 to 7 degrees of positive caster.
---Bill.
Back from the alignment shop and was told that +3* caster is all they can get on my front end. Do I need to accept this or keep looking for another alignment shop? My application (stock 69 Z-28) is not a canidate for aftermarket front end parts. So how do I get the +5*to +7* caster on a stock first gen Camaro. Appreciate more info on this alignment problem. How do you guys do it...is there a trick to it or am I just out of luck on getting more +caster dialed in on this stock application.
Thanks,
Pop

·
Registered
741 Posts
3 degrees of positive caster will be OK.
More caster just makes the steering feel heavier, and you would probably need aftermarket control arms or offset shafts to get any more.
You'll be fine :thumbsup: ---Bill.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks, I appreciate it. We are leaving for the track in just a few. I guess we will find out if it is going to go down the track like it should during a couple warm up passes. If it is OK, we will do some heads up racing this afternoon. Thanks for your replys.
Pop

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No pulling L/R, no bump steer. First time out for my son in this car. Ran a slower heads up 8.0 index class and broke out in first round with a 7.93 to a winning 8.04. Main thing is this shakedown found no problems. Now we need some seat time to get him in the 7.00 index.
Pop

1 - 7 of 7 Posts