Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 350 with Hedman Headers, I need shorter boots, on drivers side middle exhaust ports are touching plug wires, What brand plug wires do you have ? Any Pictures? Thanks guys.........Alan

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes , they are 90 * 's.......What kind of wires do you have?? .......thanks for the reply....Alan

·
Registered
345 Posts
accell makes shorty spark plugs that should give you some good clearence

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Dont drive youself nuts.. I have the same headders and the plug your having a problem with is on the drivers side right? Go out and get a insullation boot that goes over the boot. I had the same problem and then put a boot on it and never had a problem again. My boots came in a 4 pack.

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
what brand and where did you get those boots?
I don't remember off hand. I went into a local speed shop and picked them up. Your autoparts store may have them too.

·
Registered
662 Posts
same problem, same headers, straight plugs...note to self...angle plug heads next time. I use the taylor boot protector with msd 8.5 wires. kinda hard to get over boot, but cut one side and put it on. The protector actually touches the header and every now and then i will still burn a boot, so I keep several msd boot around. they just slide off. I am going to do a rebuild and put on some AFR angle plug heads so I am hoping this will never be a problem again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts