Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 454 in my '68, using Accel DFI fuel injection. The Accel manifold tilts the throttle body to the rear and a stock cowl seal gasket will not work. I used clay to check clearances and I have about 2.5" at the rear with about 1.7" at the front.

Does anyone make custom gaskets? I guess I could use a piece of foam, but I don't know how I could cut it and make it look nice. Has anyone ever made custom cowl seals out of foam or some other material? If so, how did you make it look good and function properly? I want to be able to open the hood and not have it look like a hack job.

Thanks

-

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Open sell foam. You can get it pre cut with adhesive backing (kinda like weather stripping) work well and compresses down to fit the underside of the hood. It's looks good and is easy to work with. I can't remember where I got my last box?? I think it was building supply or HVAC wholesaler. It's pretty cheap too.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Who was it that pre-cut the material? Or are you just saying that it was already cut to 2" x 2"???

-

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
It was already cut.
I sent you PM. Let me know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts