Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just swapped in a 454 and put in Hotchkis lowering springs and noticed that my Gabriel shocks were no good. I just put these shocks in about a year ago. I am looking to get a good set that will last for years. What do yall recommend?

·
Registered
176 Posts
No KYB.....I am told either Konis or Bilsteins (Hotchkis has some tuned bilsteins out based on their springs). Dont know anything about the QA1s nor the Lakewoods. I think if you search previous topics in this forum..... you'll find most love the bilsteins or the Konis. If its an all out mostly drag car....well then I wouldnt have any idea.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No KYB.....I am told either Konis or Bilsteins (Hotchkis has some tuned bilsteins out based on their springs). Dont know anything about the QA1s nor the Lakewoods. I think if you search previous topics in this forum..... you'll find most love the bilsteins or the Konis. If its an all out mostly drag car....well then I wouldnt have any idea.
Thanks, I will look up Billsteins because i have never heard of them. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
176 Posts
A link to the Bilsteins listed on Hotchki's website.....the specially Hotchkis tuned Bilsteins can be found from several of the sponsors to team camaro for cheaper (CS3, Prodigy etc)than shown on the Hotchkis site.....if you do decide to go with those. Since I have basically an entire Hotchkis suspension....Im probably going with the Hotchkis tuned Bilsteins in the near future.

http://www.hotchkis.net/search.html?Make=7&Model=387&SubmitForm=Search

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
The Bilsteins are a very good touring shock. I've heard good things about Edelbrock's AVS shocks but have no first hand experience. QA1's are a great adjustable shock if you need more of a street/strip set up. The Koni adjustable are supposed to be another good option.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts