Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is almost ready to drive. Today at the shop I noticed the front end of my car leaning a little on the drivers side. Upon closer inspection the driver side tire is very close to the outside fender well and chrome molding. The passenger side as alot of room. My car has a 502 crate motor and power steering. I am wondering if my driver side spring gave way. The springs were removed when the car was restored. The springs are for a big block. Does anybody have any suggestions.
thanks

·
Registered
797 Posts
I just replaced my front springs, I also have a BB (396). I was very careful after reading many postings here on the forum about the orientation of the front springs when they are installed. If they are not rotated and seated into the spring pockets the height can be affected.
What are the measurements from top of wheel well to floor and top of wheel well to the center of the wheel on each side.
Maybe someone else on the forum with more experience in suspensions can offer some better checks to help pin point where the problem is.
How does the back look as far as level. Were the leaf springs changed?

Ray

·
Super Moderator
32,773 Posts
What Ray describes of the orientation of the spring is correct as I have read in earlier posts.

On top of the frame rail, there is a 3/8 inch diameter hole above the spring seat. Even though the lower control arm has a "detent/pocket" for the open end of the spring to set in, its the hole on the frame determining the correct seating of the spring. Though the hole, you are to see the end of the spring, regardless how it sits in the lower control arm.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tomorrow I will look at the spring. My car has the stock multileaf springs. The rear end looks a little higher than usual.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts