Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Primedia is the company that is behind publishing many of the car magazines, ...they have a program to support the soldiers called "Subscriptions for Soldiers" where (for $10) you can send a subscription to a soldier for many of their magazines.
The problem with the website form is that when you use an APO address (which is 99.9% of the military), ...it will not accept the online form due to 'invalid City'. I've sent numerous emails trying to 'resolve' this problem, ...but to no avail, ...even contacted customer relations, ...but still have not had any calls back.
A good friend of mine is on his 3rd tour (now in Afghanistan), ...last year when he was in Iraq I managed to get some subscriptions to him, ...however even back then the website had the same problem. I made phone calls, faxes, ..and finally got the information submitted to process the subscriptions. I was told they would fix the website back then, ...only to find about a week ago, ...it's still not working correctly.

I think the subscriptions for soldiers program is a great idea, ...and I honestly believe more people would use it if the website form was correct.

If anyone knows someone working at Primedia, ...let them know of this 'issue', ...feel free to pass them my email ( [email protected]). ...for the sake of those serving in the armed forces, I would love to see this fixed...

Thanks,
Kevin

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
..hopefully making progress, ...I just got the following email. :thumbsup:

-----------------------
Kevin,

I received your message concerning the Subscriptions For Soldiers
military address errors. After doing some research, I have discovered
that these kickbacked-forms are likely a result of a programming issue
on our end. We use a program called Cybersource that recognizes and
validates military base addresses based upon a standard that was used in
our system. I believe that addresses are only deemed valid if their
format matches the one used by Cybersource. I am looking into which
format they programmed, and will put a notice online to indicate the
format so people will have a uniform way to enter these addresses. I
will contact you when this issue is resolved. Thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts