Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I am relatively new here but I could really use some help. I have a '67 camaro w/ an LS1 and 4 wheel drum brakes. I am upgrading to c5 corvette disk on all four and have all the brake components and am waiting on 17" torq thrust m's( backorder for 2-3 weeks). Last night, my front driver's brake came apart. The shoe's friction material disintegrated into chunks and took out the wheel cylinder. THis car is my daily driver and I don't have the time or money to rebuild a set of drum brakes i will be removing in less than a month. Does anyone in Atlanta area have a set of 17" rims that will fit that I could borrow (any usable condition, will give you a deposit), until my actual rims come in. If not, does anyone know of a rim rental place in Atlanta? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm looking to put some 17" or 18 " american racing torque thrust II wheels on my 67 rs camaro but, have not figured out which sizes are appropiate for this specific car. Any recommendations on which size? How much of a difference is there between both? Also looking to convert to power disc brakes (front and rear) Would I be able to put 14" or 15" rally wheels after this conversion if i use smaller rotors? Would this affect the quality in braking of the car?

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Sure STOCK 12", JL8 four wheel disc brakes!!

15" rims

I think '69 stock, 11" fronts will take 14" rim, but check me here..

No rear disc tho. BUT an '80 Cad Seville rear disc conversion will fix you right up. have to work w/ it tho..

Try TSM and ECI for two places that make cheap rear conversions!!

As well as the guy over on ebay, Doug10 or 100 or whoever?? He's David Levesque, Steel Tech Solutions Inc., PO Box 1101, Marion IL 62959. Good guy by me!!

pdq67

1 - 4 of 4 Posts