Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello out there,

I’m need to buy a set of headers for my 502 project. I can’t decide on a particular brand. The car is a 69 with no power steering or power brakes. It has a 4spd trans and a Lakewood bellhousing. I would like to run 2”primary tubes and have the headers Jet/ ceramic coated. Hooker makes a Super Comp with 2’’ primaries and a 3 1/2 collector. Heddman makes a 2” primary and a 3” collector. Also some people have used Dougs headers at www.Dougsheaders.com. Are there any differences between these headers or is a 2” primary a 2” primary regardless of manufacture? I’m really stumped on which headers to purchase? I have read many of the treads regarding this topic but I’m still confused? :confused: Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again, Joe

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hooker is a better set hands down!! I've had all brands at one time lying in the shop and looked at the difference in quality and hooker has it :D :D

·
Registered
6,246 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I spent the big bucks and went with Hooker because every Camaro I saw with them fit without dents. They also scavenge the exhaust better to produce more power. They are a little tight to the bottom of the car and I'm searching for offset reducers to clear the crossmember. You can see how mine fit at:

http://my.core.com/~ss502

Good luck

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
I have had great experience with Dr. Gas making me various pipes with requested offsets. They'll do slip fit reducers, ovalized, etc.

Also, when I measured my reducers with a level, I found they weren't perfectly square to the flange and was able to rotate them and pick up clearance.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I have hedman header on my big block and they slide right into place, but then again, the have a 1-3/4 primary tube size.
I still like hedman though.
Bruce :D

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone,

I think I'll go with the Hooker super comp's.
Hey ss502 great pictures!! What size primary tubes are they?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Comps are made of thicker steel for street driving and cost less. Supers Comps are thin made for racing and dont last long in weather.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts