Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I feel stupid asking this question because i know a decent amount about cars, but I have never seen this part before. My friend was talking about a crossover (or something) that hooks to the intake (i think) that cools the intake more. I think that it balances the air that comes into the intake or something. I am sorry i couldn't be more descriptive. If some even knows what i am talking about could you tell me where to find this and how much it costs?
thanks
Tom

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
The only thing close that I've heard of is for cooling the cylinder heads. You tap into them and plumb from the water pump to them.

------------------
Rick Dorion
69 RS Conv,355,M20,4.10's and I don't worry about stone chips.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok guys that is what he must have been talking about. DjD where did you get yours? and how much did it cost?
thanks
Tom

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Tom,
please make sure he's talking about the intake portion of the engine. There are several exhaust balancers / crossovers in the market. Don't know of something that balances the air intake though. I've just seen some Ram air filter cases that you install on the carb that have two intakes which can be connected to the radiator support thru hoses and work as a Ram air intake. If he's talking about exhaust crossover/balancers, there are "H" or "X" configs. Mine is from Dr. Gas for $124. and can be heard at my page.
Good luck, hope I had a friend like you...
----------------------------------------
**Dennis, what kind of subframe has your friend's car, I don't see any front inner fender wheel well?
------------------
Our affair with Camaros is a live sentence without the possibility of parole. www.geocities.com/c68ss http://home.coqui.net/borench

[This message has been edited by ORENCH (edited 12-17-2001).]

·
Premium Member
2,876 Posts
maybe he is talking about a heat shield that mounts between carb and intake manifold. Looks like a piece of sheet stock with cut outs in it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I think what needs to be known first is year, make and Model and then any mods. Heck you could be talking about an intercooler for a Turbo application.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I am looking through a summit racing catalog and the only thing I see would be an air induction system, but that would be for late model (93-97). What year is your friends car?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am 99% sure that it is the crossover for the valve covers. The reason that I didn't know exactly what he was talking about is that he mentioned it only once. I didn't want to ask him about it because i didn't want to ruin the surprise. I know that it is not for the exhaust I know what the H and X pipe are. He has a 77 camaro with a built 305. If anyone can find me one of these crossovers it would be great.
thanks
Tom

·
Registered
145 Posts
Im just wondering if the set up on the car in the picture may be home made. I have looked through summit racing and jegs, and I cant find anything that looks like that. They usually will have anything that is out there for high perf. You might have to spoil your friends surprise to make sure what he is talking about. You can always give him 300 dollars! It seems that everything costs at least that! Good luck.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Tom,
If what you are looking for is on Dennis's picture of Tony's engine. Then try Moroso Part Number 68762 it is called a Sprint Car Breather Kit.

You can go directly to this link and see it.
http://www.moroso.com/catalog/categorydisplay.asp?catcode=38103

Scroll down alittle and you will find it.

------------------
TONY
67 CAMARO R/S CLONE, 355/turbo 350, 200hp NOS,12 bolt,etc...

[This message has been edited by idoxlr8 (edited 12-17-2001).]

·
Registered
18 Posts
Speedway motors has the kit for $50 PN 910-17091, they can be reached at 402-323-3200

------------------
73 Chevelle SS 454
75 Camaro 396
64 VW Powered by CHEVY

·
Registered
925 Posts
And what does this do?

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
It acts as a resonating tube to tune the intake harmonic distortions so that the air flows faster thru the intake. I think they are worth 30 hp. :p

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
This is a Crankcase Breather system that allows you to equalize the pressure between each side in a high RPM motor without puking oil out the right side when always going left. H/P gains Not Measurable.

------------------
TONY
67 CAMARO R/S CLONE, 355/turbo 350, 200hp NOS,12 bolt,etc...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts