Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to a pick a part in a couple of days to see if I can find the AC parts for my 94 z28. Previous owner remove all under hood parts condenser compressor and the lines can some. Can someone send me pictures of all needed parts does the Camaro have a cylinder like accumulator like other GM cars. Can anybody tell me what tools I need to take with me to get the compressor off. At least want to find a compressor may by the other parts now.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is 94 a third gen or 4th? I have a 97 RS camaro and I can post you the pictures in the morning. I just changed my AC condensor since it had a leak in it. It's really easy job took me about an hour since I didn't know but the condensor is behind the radiator and you DO NOT have to unhook any of the radiator hoses to get to the condensor. I say go to junkyard and pickup the parts and its really cheap. New ones will be like 150, I payed only 40 bucks for the condensor from the junk yard. I'll try to make you a YouTube video in the morning and will post you the link as well.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a 4th generation. If you could take a picture how your compressor is mounted where the hoses run up how the hoses run up to the accumulator and then the accumulator where it connects at the firewall. I'm not sure if the AC hoses will fit around the BBK headers

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn't have any luck at the pick n pull. Did end up getting a compressor with lines on eBay. Waiting for that. Probably end up buying a new condensor and accumulator. Any tips

·
Super Moderator
32,898 Posts
Invite over a HVAC neighbor and once assembled, have him pressurize the system to 150 PSIG of nitrogen and check for leaks. Fix those, then repressurize with nitrogen again, evac and charge with R134A. Be sure to add oil, check hood decal for quantity and it doesn't matter if you overfill, too much. Add oil to compressor suction side before closing up the system.
Flush condenser, change orifice.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can someone give me an under hood close up shot of the air conditioning lines where they connect to the accumulator and into the firewall. And close up of the accumulator and where and how it mounts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts