Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mechanically I have my 67 rs/ss ready to roll, however i still havn't got the back lights working. I beleive its a ground problem. when i take my light tester i get power at the back bulbs when i hit the brakes, turn on the lights, and use the turn signals. I replaced the flasher unit today. the lights don't light up at all when the brakes are pressed, the turn signals barely light up the bulb and don't flash. Please give me some advise because i have an appointment for Monday morning to get dual exaust installed.

·
10,164 Posts
I'm not shure where the harness is grounded. If you can find the ground wire, attach a ground to it.
My wiring diagram for my 67 RS shows a dark green and a brown wire going to the right hand tail light. They would be for turn and tail. so whatever other color wire on that socket is the ground. I seem to remember there were ground wires attached to the taillight screws. Clean these connections and it should work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a similar problem. The bulbs aren't grounded unless the metal clip on the bulb socket is clean and making contact when the socket is inserted in the back of the tail light assembly. I'd check that first.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok everything is working great now! thanks to both of you for your reply's. I grounded the tail-light housing on the screw for each side to a bolt in the trunk and all is well.
I love this site!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts