Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I have an electric fuel pump and regulator. I would like to run a bypass(return) line back to the tank from the regulator, except that my sending unit only has 1 tube on top of it. I tried calling NPD (National Part Depot) to order a piece with 2 lines (1 for return) and they said the one marked for 69 350 engine didnt have a return.

I was going to order the big block one instead because I thought I remember someone postign that they all had return lines. Anyone know if this is true?

Or better yet does anyone know how I can setup this system with what I have and still have a return line? Can you put the return line back to the main fuel line before the electric pump using some kind of tee? Don't know/think that would work.

Thanks!
Steve

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
You can get the sending unit with 2 fuel lines from just about any of the resto catalogs; GM still makes them too.
Get the one with a 3/8" fuel supply.
All quadrajet equipped 69's came with 2 fuel lines, big block or small block.

joe

·
Premium Member
6,566 Posts
I dont believe GM still makes the dual line sending unit. I bought one about 6 months ago and have only seen a handful in the last 4 years ar so that were NOS. They are virtually extinct NOS. Our site sponsor sells a repo one for $89.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts