Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up all?

Anyways what i need help on is my 87 camaro z28.

I was driving and then at a stop light my car stalled. I tried to re-start it up but i had no power. All the power i have is my head lights. My radio even died. When i put my key in ignition i don't even get that buzzing sound. or no warning lights. Could this be the ignition switch? Considering i am not getting the power for my radio?

Anyways i check all my fuses and none of them are blown.
I thought my battery died so i tried to jump it. It didn't work i don't even hear it trying to turn over or anything. I check the battery cables and tried to tighten it. While i was tightening it my wrench slept and hit the negative while it was on on positive and it sparked. Scared me (LOL) I hope this didn't create another problem

plz help me find the problem. I dont have no tester or anything. plz tell me what i should test tho. my brother could help me

thank you ,
jason

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Sounds like ignition switch is not supplying power to Accessory, Run or Start positions. A dead short with in the battery or grounded field windings in the alternator or starter can cause similar symptoms but usually the lights in the accessory circuit will work and there would be an indication smoke.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Yes, as stated, I would start by checking all primary power and ground connections. I suspect you have a bad cable or connection.

Begin by disconnecting the negative terminal at battery (for safety purposes), then start removing and cleaning as many of the connections as you can find.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts