Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK - after scanning the posts for hours, I thought the easiest way may be to just post and ask.

I'm restoring a 67' Sport Coupe and need to select tires/wheels. I know the wheels I want are Centerline Convo ET. I'll be putting Bridgestone Potenza's on them. I'm a little torn deciding what size wheels to go with - 15, 16, or 17. I'm leaning toward 15 wheels. I need to know the max tire size that will fit my car - as wide as possible front and rear. Does anyone has know what size will fit, and what the corresponding wheel size should be. Any pics would be appreciated.

MAK

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,351 Posts
255-60-15 Rear
225-60-15 Front
Rims 15x7 Front and Rear
or
15x7 Front, 15x8 Rear

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
These are Centerlines :

Back 17x9.5 - 5.5BS - 275/40R17
Front 17x7.0 - 4.5BS - 235/45R17

It's all in the back spacing...

·
Registered
515 Posts
Before you make your final wheel selection, have you made your final brake set up choice? Larger wheels will allow larger rotors if you want discs on all four corners.
If you stay with 15" (I personally like the more period correct size), Tory is dead on.

Here's a pic of my car with the 225's in front and the 245's in the rear. I've since got a bit smaller cause my new house has a steep driveway and I was rubbing the tires.

·
In the 10's Moderator
19,784 Posts
Fronts, I have no clue as to the biggest

Rear, I have 275/60/15 on 15x 8 Weld Prostars with 4.5" backspace.... No rubbing at all.

All our cars are 40 y.o. and some may sag more than others, test fit first !

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,351 Posts
Thanks Tory. Does the back spacing depend on the wheel type?
Hi Mark, If you use FW Coded 15x7 Rally Rims off of a Monte Carlo or Chevelle, the backspacing will be 4.25 Inches. You will have no issues with rubbing .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts