Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to swap the 4 old drum brakes for disc brakes, and in the process get new wheels. I like the look of 18's in the front and 20's in the rear. Right now I have the eibach pro kit springs in the front ( 2" drop ) and the stock mono leaf rears (67'rs).

I would like to go the widest that I can in the rear without mini tubbing ( or I will tub if necessary ).

What are the backspacing specs front and rear and how tall/wide can I go front and rear (with tires on)? That would help me a TON. Thanks a lot. ---

·
Registered
657 Posts
Take a look at this thread to get started http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=144297 then do a search using "20s" There is LOTS of reading on this. Just keep in mind for the most part it's not rim diameter that dictates fitment - it's overall width and height - it's not how you get there it's where you wind up. For the most part all the rules that start with 17s still apply 8s in the front with 4.75 backspace and a 245 tire and 9.5s in the rear with a 5.5 backspace and a 275 tire. If you are willing to go aftermarket subframe in the front up to a 10" wheel and if you want to mini tub in the rear a 12.5" wheel. This gets costly real fast. If money is no object the sky is the limit. Good luck with what ever you choose.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts