Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i posted this once before and didnt get any replies but im still lost as to what i should do...im restoring an '84 z-28 but i've run into a problem with the rear hatch. it seems the hatch has been replaced with one from a newer model, because it includes a third brake light that was not included on 84's. i was wondering if anyone with a later model that includes the third light in its wiring harness could tell me how the stock light is connected to the brake switch or if anyone has any suggestions as to how i could connect it into the lighting system without running a wire down the hatch shocks, it would be greatly appreciated.
thanks, scott

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey, thanks for replying...that was one of my ideas but the way the light is wired right now its connected into the ground for the defroster which runs through one of the truck struts. the positive wire runs along the other side of the defroster (braided and sodered to the window) to where the defroster connects to the other strut for power. the wire for the light ends there with a spade connector which leads me to believe that might be hooked up through the strut somehow as well in newer cars

·
Registered
35 Posts
On my 86 (cyclops light mounted on the top of the window) the hydraulic support for the deck has connectors on each end. The wire comes up to it on the passenger side to connect to the bottom of the strut and there is a wire on the deck lid where the strut attaches to plug into the other end. There is a device/gizmo that hangs off the lid that makes contact with a plate just to the left of the lock mechanism. That part looks like something to shut off the 3rd light when the deck lid is opened.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts