Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to remove the heater box from my 69 BB Camaro. Removed the 5 nuts on the firewall side as directed, the heater hoses, etc but the box is only loose on one side. My assembly book shows 2 fasteners around the blower motor. Do these need to be removed??? and how the hell do you reach them???? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I may not be much help, But... I just re-built mine, only it's a SB. I pulled the 5 screws on the firewall side as you indicated, I then removed all the cables going to the box itself. Once these were free, I was able to drop the heater box on the inside of the car with little effort. The seal between the box and firewall may be a little sticky and hold the box in place. If I'm not mistaken, to gain access to the blower on the engine side of the fire wall,you actually need to remove the front right fender.

------------------
Shawn Peterson
1969 Z28, 406SB
http://www.geocities.com/corsican69

·
Registered
797 Posts
Shawn from above is correct, you will need to remove the passenger fender to reach the remaining screws holding the heater box and then to remove the box as well. This is not a fun or easy task to do.. Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts